Thank you for visiting WhirlieGirl Photography! My name is Angela and I am a photographer in Cape Coral, FL specializing in…you guessed it….boudoir photography!
There’s no better feeling in the world than helping someone new every day feel beautiful and sexy. I love being given the opportunity to help women see themselves in a light which most never do. We can all look at ourselves in the mirror and think “hey, you look good today”…but let’s be honest…for most of us…it doesnt’ happen every day. Sadly, for some women, they don’t see that beauty at all. I LOVE helping these women see what others see when they look at them.
My boudoir sessions help bring confidence and self worth to women of all ages, sizes and ethnicities. It’s worth it to me to see just how much they light up when they look at their portraits and I can see the pride swelling in their eyes…and I can feel the confidence oozing from their pores….fantastic!!
It didn’t take me very long to realize that boudoir photography is where I wanted to focus my business. I strive to not only create a space for you to be comfortable in, whether you choose to have your session in the comfort of your own home, or at a super posh hotel located here in Fort Myers. In addition to you feeling comfortable with me and with the photography session setting, I make sure that you are comfortable with yourself and that posing for intimate and boudoir portraits is all about your attitude and personality and nothing about your age, size, shape or color.
As for actual style, I shoot what is lovingly referred to as lifestyle boudoir. I use natural lighting as often as possible…I really dislike the unnatural glow that studio lights can give a person. I do pose my clients; however, I most love to capture them being themselves, I love to capture the candid shots when they’re in the middle of laughing or when they’re tying a lace or zipping a dress. I love capturing the natural look in people’s faces when they realize something for the first time, or they see a loved one behind me supporting them. This is lifestyle photography, this is how I shoot. Yes, I pose my clients…but that’s not all I strive for. I strive for realism as well as fashion photography.
Some Fun Facts
- My first priority is my 14 (going on 15!) year old son…my pride and joy…my reason for living :*)
- I love chocolate…all kinds of yummy, yummy chocolate!
- I have a serious addiction to the TV show “Dexter” **UPDATE** and most recently to Touch, as well as American Horror Story, Shameless, and am a HUGE Weeds fan!
- I dream of traveling to Europe one day…specifically Scotland, Italy and Prague
- I’m a Florida transplant…but will always be a Long Island girl at heart!
- I have learned that humility is a wonderful trait…however, humiliating yourself will get a good laugh out of those around you!
- I love my animals…..ALL of them!! Ask me about my pets at your session!
- I’m a hopeless romantic who loves chick flicks, anything purple and men who show their sensitive sides once in a while.
- But the bad girl in me has a thing for guys who ride motorcycles, long hair and tattoos….I’m a romantic but I love me some mischief!!
- I’m most comfortable in tank tops, jeans and flip flops…makes it easier for me to crawl around the floor on a shoot!
- I hate monotony…I bore quickly…I’m always looking for something new and exciting to keep my attention!
- Black, purple and red are my favorite colors.
- I donate to the youth soccer league, girl scouts and other kids who camp out in front of the supermarket.
- My son leaves his change in the tip jar every time we go to a store and they have the jar on the counter…I’m so proud of him!
- I don’t like the taste of cherries.
- I LOVE garlic and most all other stinky foods!!
- I beat myself up a lot if my work isn’t done properly and perfectly!!!
- Even though I stand over 5’9″ barefoot…I LOVE heels!! Love, love, love LOVE high-heeled shoes…ahhh!
- Ack!!! I sometimes drink milk from the carton!!
- I love to please people and don’t think there’s anyone I can’t get along with!!
- I also love to be asked questions about my life, my experiences and anything else someone might find interesting to know about me!
- I’ve got the serious hots for Gerard Butler….oooh!
- One of my favorite bands is Evanescence
- No, I have never seen Gone With the Wind
- No, I have NEVER read “The Hunger Games” nor have I any desire at this point
- I do however, have a slight obsession with the Twilight Saga…I’m Team Jasper btw